Massage offers non -invasive and humanistic approach based on the body’s natural ability to heal.
Here are the benefits of massage :
- Enhance circulation and the body delivers more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs
- Stimulates the flow of lymph , the body’s natural defense system against toxic invaders . For example , for breast cancer patients , massage has been shown to help fight against multiplying of cancer cells
- Increasing blood circulation in the bloodstream and the lymphatic
- Relax the Injured and overused muscles
- Reduces spasms and cramping
- Increase flexibility of joints
- Shorten recovery time , helps prepare for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent pains of the athlete
- Releases endorphins ( the body’s natural painkillers ) – massage is used in chronic illness and recovery from injury but after surgery to control and relieve pain
- Reduces post- surgery adhesions and edema and can be used to reduce and realign scar tissue after healing has occurred
- Improves flexibility and decreases discomfort for patients suffering from minor back pain
- Relieves pain from migraine sufferers and decreases the likelihood of medication
- Involve exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles
- Shorten labor pregnant women, alleviates depression and anxiety and expedites recovery
Beyond the benefits obtained on specific conditions or diseases , some people enjoy massage because it involves a comfort and a sense of care and pleasure.
Despite its benefits , massage should not replace regular medical care .